Top Five Reasons to Think Local – Buy Local – Be Local
- Buy Local — Support yourself: Several studies have shown that when you buy from an independent, locally owned business, and not a nationally owned businesses, significantly more of your money is used to make purchases from other local businesses — continuing to strengthen the economic base of the community; these include case studies showing that locally owned businesses generate a premium in enhanced economic impact to the community and our tax base.
- “Savings or Suitcases”— We can either invest in our own community or watch our money leave our community to work elsewhere and enrich others. When you support your local small business, $45 of every $100 spent at small, local businesses stays in the local economy while nationally owned enterprises only $15 of every $100 spent.
- Create More Good Jobs — Small local businesses are the largest employer nationally and in our community, provide the most jobs to residents.
- Get Better Service — Local businesses often hire and keep people with higher levels of experience and have more hands-on leadership from top management over national chains and take more time to know customers.
- Invest in Community — Local businesses owned by people who live in the community, are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the community’s future.
The comparatively higher level of field-tested industry experience is the strength of our company. Combining our experience with determination and enthusiasm inspires a synergy we call, the Janus Advantage.
Safeguard Business, Home and Health